Plan ahead and enjoy your trip!
Safety is Key—Trip Preparation Suggestions and Requirements
- Castaic Lake Weather — Use the weather link to find out how to dress comfortably for your trip.
- Provide us with jacket size for adults and child’s weight for proper life jackets.
- The U.S. Coast Guard requires all children 12 and younger to wear a U.S.C.G. approved life jacket at all times. Adults are optional.
- Sunscreen and hand wipes are on-board. There are four floating restrooms.
- Drinks and ice are provided. Let us know your preferences. There will be room in the ice chest for you to keep whatever you may want to bring such as food or other drinks.
- Alcohol is not permitted while boating at Castaic Lake. (by L.A. County Ordinance PCN 17.04)
- Striped Bass can be kept to eat and will be put on ice immediately to preserve freshness. Please leave a cooler in your vehicle to take fish home.
All fishing gear, tackle, etc. is provided. And we use only the best professional gear. You are also welcome to bring your own gear and tackle.
California Fishing License Requirements
- Adults (16 years+) will need a valid California Fishing License.
- Children under 16 years do not require a license.
- You must provide for and bring your own fishing license. No exceptions. Licensing is not included in your trip fee.
- Fishing licenses are available in short-term and annual terms. (Annual licenses are valid through the end of year purchased.)
- Learn Short-term and Annual Sport Fishing License Fees.
Tips on Buying a Fishing License:
- Short-term and annual licenses are easy to purchase on the day of your trip.
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase licenses online.
- Annual licenses bought online will also be mailed to you. Print and carry with you for immediate use.
- Short-term licenses bought online will not be mailed to you. Print and carry with you for immediate use.